We strongly recommend that you have a responsible adult with you for 24 hours after the surgery. It is also recommended that at least 1-2 days is taken to recover from the surgery including:
- NO driving for at least 24 hours
- NO swimming for at least 3 days.
- NO rubbing your eyes for 3-4 days.
You can return to normal activities when you feel comfortable to do so, including activities such as watching television, reading, writing and moderate exercise. You may experience a variety of symptoms in the early stages that are not serious and should resolve over a matter of days. These include:
- Occasional floating spots
- Blue or pink tinge to colours
- Fluctuating vision
- Occasional light flashes
- Gritty sensation
- Crescent shaped shadow in the side vision.