Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Adelaide Eye & Laser Centre is committed to providing the highest standard of treatment, care and service. We recognise our patients’ right to know about their care and to be involved in the planning, conduct and follow-up of their treatment. To assist us in providing an optimum service to you, we believe you, as a patient, have rights and responsibilities.
You have a right to:
- Full information about the treatment being provided to you including the risks and benefits of the treatment;
- Be treated with dignity and respect, without exploitation, abuse or neglect;
- Know the names and professional status of those providing your care and service;
- Personal privacy and confidentiality - Adelaide Eye & Laser Centre acknowledges its obligations to you under the Privacy Act;
- Adelaide Eye & Laser Centre’s Personal Information Management Policy - available at reception and on our Website. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by telephoning 08 8274 7000, and will be happy to answer any questions you may have concerning the policy;
- Be cared for in a safe, secure and friendly environment;
- Be treated and accepted as an individual with personal preferences for treatment and care;
- Be informed about all out of pocket expenses;
- Make a complaint and be listened to with a right of advocacy. (Written complaints should be addressed: Private & Confidential, General Manager, Adelaide Eye & Laser Centre, 215 Greenhill Road, Eastwood, 5063)
You have a responsibility to:
- Inform the medical staff and other health professionals about your medical history (including any allergies) and current health status;
- Participate in the treatment plan agreed on, following directions necessary for a good recovery, and reporting any change in condition to the Centre;
- Respect the rights and needs of fellow patients and staff who are in the Centre at the same time;
- Respect any requests made by staff of Adelaide Eye & Laser Centre in their provision of your treatment and care;
- Inform staff of any concerns you may have in relation to your treatment, care or financial matters;
- Check with your health fund about your level of cover before receiving treatment;
- Provide relevant financial information pertaining to your treatment.
If you have any further questions in relation to these important points or any other matters, please speak with a member of our staff, or our General Manager.