Make a Laser Vision Correction Assessment Appointment
Laser Vision Correction is an exciting alternative to wearing glasses and contact lenses… imagine swimming, entertaining, driving, playing with the kids… or even simply walking in the rain!
At Adelaide Eye & Laser Centre, we appreciate that it is essential to provide you with advice, in order for you to make an informed decision about laser vision correction.
What is involved?
The initial pre-operative appointment is conducted by the Clinical Optometrist who will determine your suitability for the procedure. It will also determine which technique you may be suitable for.
At this appointment the following tests are conducted:
- Overview of the procedure by our technical and optometric staff
- Auto-refraction and keratometry (computerised assessment of spectacle prescription and eye shape)
- Pupil assessment
- Corneal topography (computerised assessment of the corneal contours) allowing determination of suitability for laser refractive surgery
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) or Optos Scan
- Pachymetry (a computerised corneal thickness measurement) allowing determination of suitability for laser refractive surgery
- Refraction/Prescription measurement for both distance and near
- Eye movement and coordination assessment
- Slit lamp examination of the eye
- Retinal health examination
Once suitability is established a Refractive Interview appointment is scheduled with the Surgeon. This appointment involves:
- Discussion of procedure, benefits and risks
- A surgical plan being developed and discussed with you
Note: It is advisable to have a driver to the initial appointment as your pupils may need to be dilated to examine the retina or check certain types of prescriptions. As this will blur your vision and prevent you from driving for a minimum of 2-4 hours, you will need to make suitable transport arrangements.
To arrange a Pre-operative Assessment or to speak to one of Adelaide Eye & Laser Centre's friendly staff, please contact us on 1300 366 564 or online here.