Patients who are finding that cataract symptoms are interfering with daily activities may be referred to the Adelaide Eye & Laser Centre for a cataract assessment.
A detailed clinical assessment for cataracts is performed prior to surgery. This assessment ensures that there is sufficient time for you to consider the procedure carefully.
At this assessment, your eye is examined and measurements of the shape and length of the eye are taken with the IOL Master to determine the specifications of the artificial lens (IOL) best suited to your eye. AE&LC only use the most advanced technology available in determining the most suitable and most biocompatible intraocular lenses for each person.
If surgery is recommended, our staff will arrange a surgery date and advise you of all the necessary arrangements for the day of your procedure. Our staff will advise you of these details when you ring to arrange an assessment.
- You will need someone to drive you after the assessment as your pupils may need to be dilated.
- You will also require a referral from your regular optometrist or GP for this appointment.
Arrange a Cataract Assessment
To arrange an appointment please contact us on:
Freecall: 1800 809 991 (Excluding Adelaide Metro Area) Phone: (08) 8274 7000 - Fax: (08) 8274 7099
AE&LC is equipped with undercover parking, wheelchair and lift access, tea and coffee making facilities and an extensive range of the latest magazines to make your time with us as comfortable as possible.
- Advise the reception staff that you wish to be assessed for cataracts.
- Referrals may be sent prior to the appointment or you can bring it with you on the day. This will generally be provided by either your regular eye care practitioner or general practitioner.
- You will require a driver, as your pupils will be dilated unless otherwise advised.
We look forward to playing an integral part in helping to restore your vision… so you can start enjoying a clearer, brighter future.