Patients who are finding that cataract symptoms are interfering with their daily activities may be referred to us for a cataract assessment.
A detailed clinical assessment for cataracts is performed prior to surgery. This assessment ensures that there is sufficient time for you to consider the procedure carefully and ask your surgeon any questions you may have. At this assessment, your eye is examined and measurements of the shape and length of the eye are taken to determine the specifications of the artificial lens (IOL) best suited to your eye.
On the day of the assessment you will need to make the following arrangements, our staff will also communicate this to you when you make your assessment booking.
- You will need someone to drive you home after the assessment, as your pupils may need to be dilated.
- You will also require a referral from your regular optometrist or GP for this appointment.
During your assessment we use the most advanced technology available in determining the most suitable and most biocompatible intraocular lenses for each individual person.
If surgery is recommended, our staff will arrange a surgery date and advise you of all the necessary arrangements for the day of your procedure.
Arrange a Cataract Assessment
To arrange an appointment please contact us on:
Phone: (08) 8274 7000 – Fax: (08) 8274 7099
Undercover parking is available for patient use, as well as wheelchair and lift access.
When you arrive:
- Advise the reception staff that you wish to be assessed for cataracts
- Referrals need to be sent prior to the appointment. Either your regular eye care practitioner or general practitioner will generally provide this.
- You will require a driver, as your pupils will be dilated, unless otherwise advised
We look forward to playing an integral part in helping to improve your eye health… so you can start to enjoy a clearer, brighter future.