PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy) — Surface Laser Ablation was the first type of laser eye surgery for vision correction.
With PRK the recovery time is longer than that of LASIK or SMILE, however it is still widely performed and offers a number of advantages over some other treatment options for some patients.
Benefits of PRK:
- PRK is safe, efficient and predictable
- Gently removes corneal tissue without creating a flap of corneal tissue
- PRK uses a state-of-the art laser beam to alter the top layer of corneal cells
- Suitable for thinner and irregular shaped cornea
- May be possible for patients with mild dry eye symptoms.
- Visual outcome of PRK is excellent
How the procedure is performed:
To find out if PRK is right for you contact on of our friendly staff members for an obligation free appointment here.