We have over 25 years experience with eye laser systems starting with the early laser systems from 1992 to today’s advanced integrated laser suites. We currently use two laser systems. The first is the EX500 Excimer laser from Alcon Wavelight. This laser is used when performing LASIK, PRK and some therapeutic procedures. When linked to the Alcon Wavelight diagnostics it is capable of highly precise, personalised treatments using the Contoura software. The second laser is the VisuMax femtosecond laser by Zeiss. This laser is used to perform SMILE® and the laser flap for LASIK plus other specialised corneal applications. Currently the VisuMax is the only laser able to perform SMILE®. The combination of these lasers with specialised diagnostics and software allows AE&LC to offer the very best laser vision correction option for your circumstances. The systems offer;
- The ability to perform a LASIK flap matched to the Excimer laser treatment without use of a blade;
- Small spot size combined with very high laser speed for rapid treatment of refractive errors;
- Precise tracking of the eye to compensate for eye movements and pupil changes;
- SMILE® for shortsighted eyes including with astigmatism and soon for longsighted eyes also;
- Advanced treatment algorithms controlling spot placement and sequence;
- Energy optimisation from pulse to pulse for consistent and predictable outcomes;
- A full array of diagnostic devices that are seamlessly integrated to the treatment lasers.
A key element of laser vision correction is the use of advanced diagnostic equipment that ensures accurate information is available to determine the suitability for surgery and provide the option of individual customisation. We use two key devices that can be directly integrated with the Refractive Suite:
- Alcon Wavelight Oculyzer that provides cross sectional images of the front section of the eye.
- Alcon Wavelight Topolyzer to provide a detailed map of the eye surface and deliver customised, optimised Contoura® treatments. The recent Phorcides software has further refined these treatments for even better outcomes.
Analysis of these measurements with your spectacle prescription, and your comprehensive eye examination, enables the surgeon to select from a number of treatment options within the laser software and individually customise the procedure to your eye.
In short we have all possibilities covered so can match the procedure to your unique situation.
More about how this technology is integrated into your program can be found when looking at the specific procedure pages within the types of surgeries we conduct – laser, cataract, corneal.